Glassblowing Arts Centre seeking Enthusiastic General Manager
Hours: 4 days a week – 80% time
Terminal City Glass Co-op is a non-profit, cooperatively run artists centre with facility rentals for glassblowing and flameworking. We are a busy studio, with some self-serve rentals, and other studio driven programming. We offer ongoing classes for all levels of learning, as well as public and member events. Our membership consists of over 200 people, and we welcome over 500 students per year. We are governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.
You possess strong leadership skills. You have an entrepreneurial mind set, and you understand how small businesses grow and develop. You have some marketing savvy and can develop and execute ideas for promoting business growth. You really like people, because we have got a lot of those. Customer service is your middle name. You problem solve in your sleep. You are comfortable working in a team and getting feedback. You’re an ideas person and you follow through on your commitments. You love the idea of people learning new skills and you think glassblowing is the coolest thing ever. You want to be part of a creative community and want to make a difference in the arts.
- Works in a team to develop, implement, and execute the strategic plan as developed with the Board of Directors;
- Successful leadership and management of the organization according to the values and strategic direction set by the Board of Directors
- Plans and promotes public and member events. May include researching projects, supervising registration and payment for events, coordinating marketing tasks and promotional events as required, recruits and manages volunteers.
- Collaborates with other staff and oversees educational programming and registration.
- Membership engagement and management including but not limited to application approval, onboarding and ongoing communications
- Working closely with all staff and board members on decision-making and day-to-day operations
- Public relations and relationship building with other organizations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be knowledgeable of (or comfortable learning) software systems. (ecommerce, scheduling, calendars, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Business management experience, knowledge of budgeting process.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of arts and glass industry a plus.
- Please send cover letter and resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Position will stay open until suitable candidate is found.